The second installment of Mister Freedom® x Sugar Cane “AMERICAN SPORTSWEAR” Collection is in: Introducing the SPEEDWAY pique, made in USA.
Often mistaken for chinos/khakis on those late 50′s~60′s off set photos of the Hollywood cool cats, here is Mister Freedom®’s interpretation of those ‘off white jeans’.
For an old school look, we don’t recommend the modern “stacking” effect at the ankle. Length can easily be shorten (by your favorite local tailor) since we used a single stitch for the bottom hem, not chainstitch.
PATTERN: Original MFSC pattern. Slimmer silhouette (NOT skinnies/girl friend’s jeans though…)
FABRIC: All cotton piqué (bedford cord), 10 Oz. Fabric milled in Japan.
Two colour option: Cream and Black
* Double snap tab waist band, concealed snaps. No belt loops
* Functional cinch back strap to adjust waist (up to 2 1/2 inches adjustment)
* Double lapseam chainstitch leg construction (outer and inner seam.)
* New Old Stock pocket bags: 1960′s all cotton stripe ticking twill
* Zipper fly, brass “Gripper Zipper”
* “M” stitched back pockets
* 100% cotton tonal thread stitching
SIZING & SHRINKAGE:
Minimal waist shrinkage of this pique fabric, shrinks mostly in length (about one inch)
I am between a 31~32 and wear a Waist 32 in the Speedway, a bit cinched in the back. I have washed my speedways, regular cycle and machine dried them before original wear.
Measurements in chart below are to the best of our abilities, but vill vary according to rinse/drying method/subsequent wear… and whoever takes them!
Garment designed and manufactured in California by Mister Freedom®, in collaboration with Sugar Cane Co.
Colour: Cream or Black
Tagged Sizes 28×33, 29x33, 30×33, 31×33, 32×33, 33x33, 34×33, 36×33, 38×33